- Completed Application Form (no fee to apply)
- non-degree exchange students, please complete the exchange student application
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor-recommended, but not required
- Financial Documentation for F1 and J1 students only
- English language proficiency:
- EIKEN Grade 1
- ELS Level 112
- Duolingo (110 or higher overall with 90 or higher in each section)
- IELTS 6.0
- PTE 53 or higher
- TOEFL (550/213/80 with a 20 in each band)
- Columbia West College Level VI
- New England School of English Level 10
- Optional (except for student-athletes and those applying for a direct-entry nursing seat): official SAT / ACT score reports (for students who would like to be considered for Carroll merit scholarships and who do not have to submit proof of English language proficiency). Carroll's school code is 4041 for the SAT and TOEFL and 2408 for the ACT.
- Official Transcripts of all secondary school work for new freshmen or all previous colleges/universities attended for transfer students. Please submit via InCRED and request certified copies. InCred Evaluations allows students to submit their records electronically to help expedite the review process. Records need to be in PDF or MS Word formats and should be uploaded upon registering with InCred. In some cases, additional information or records may be requested in a manner other than electronic form. In that case, students should follow the instructions outlined by the reviewer. A Basic Evaluation is for students who need only their high school records evaluated. A Course-By-Course Evaluation is for any student who has attended university/post-secondary schooling or for students who wish to earn university-level credit for work done while in high school. https://www.incredevals.org/studentregistrationguide.pdf
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 (4.0 scale)
Advanced standing for the IB and AP: International Baccalaureate (IB) and Advanced Placement (AP) Policy.
Priority deadline for scholarship consideration is 1 March for entrance in August and 15 October for entrance in January. Rolling deadline until 15 June.
Cost for Two Semesters - See Full Cost Here
$750 enrollment deposit deadline: Refundable with written notification until 30 April and non-refundable after 1 May. This deposit is credited to your first semester's tuition.
Our Intensive English Language Partners
- Columbia West College, Los Angeles, California
- ELS Language Centers
- The New England School of English, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Early Action I: 1 November (non-binding; decision by 1 December for complete applications)
Direct Entry Nursing Deadline -1 November
Regular Decision: 15 February (First year) 15 April (Transfer)
Late Consideration: 1 June (First year) 15 July (Transfer)
Regular Decision: 1 November (First year and Transfer)
Late Consideration: 1 December (First year and Transfer)
Carroll is pleased to welcome ISEP students and students from our partner institutions around the world. To apply, please work with your exchange student coordinator and then complete the exchange student application.
For more information about Carroll, please see the exchange student information or contact the Admission Office at (406) 447-4384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
English Language Preparation
We are pleased to be partner with the following English language partners. Students who meet Carroll's admission requirements and attend one of our language partners and pass the required level do not have to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores! Please inquire with our partner school or Carroll to learn more about conditional admission based on English language proficiency.
International Student Handbook
For information regarding new student next steps, housing, meal plans, living on campus and more, please consult the International Student Handbook. Also, be sure to check out the international student student support services!
- SEVIS Fee Information
- Visa Processing Information and Wait Times
- US Immigration (CIS)
- Education USA is your best resource for preparing to come to the US as an international student.
What Happens After I Deposit?
We look forward to welcoming you to Carroll! After you deposit, there is great information on the admitted student page as well as some important documents to submit to Carroll; scanned documents are fine--there is no need to post them. Please scan and send all forms in PDF to email@example.com.
In addition to these forms found on the admitted student page, you will receive an email regarding course registration. Course registration begins in April and continues through the first week of classes. You can make changes to your schedule in consultation with our advising team through the first week of classes.
Your Carroll email account will be set up shortly after you have submitted your enrollment deposit. Housing assignments will be sent in early July and your postal address information will be available soon after your housing assignment.
See the schedule for international student orientation to help you successfully start your time at Carroll College.