International Student Support Services

Four Female Students in Forest

The Culture of Carroll

Students from around the world choose to come to Carroll College because of the many wonderful opportunities available here. We encourage you to get involved in as many activities as possible, to fully immerse yourself in the Culture of Carroll!

Carroll is a Catholic, diocesan, residential college with a strong mission to serve others. We are located in the majestic Rocky Mountain West, between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.  Helena is also known as "The Best Little Art Town in America."

While you are here, be sure to get involved:

Who to Contact for Help

  • Shannon Ackeret ( can answer questions about your F1 or J1 visa status, I-20's, DS 2019 and travel restrictions.   Provide cross-cultural advising and any other needs.
  • Cheri Long (  can provide academic advising
  • Lauri Rodriguez ( can answer questions about OPT, CPT, or other employment questions.
  • Joyce Lui  ( can connect you with other students who are interested in cultural exchange, through the Intercultural Students Network.
  • Your RA (Resident Advisor). can help with questions about your dorm room, residence hall, roommates, etc.
  • Your Peer Minister is available to help you with questions of faith, values, community participation, etc.
  • The Residence Life Office will help you with any residence hall questions at 406-447-4532 or visit them in Borromeo Hall 131.
  • Guillermo Perez-Ochoa is the student body president and can respond to any concerns you have about the student experience here at Carroll College.


Shannon Ackeret
Director of Global Education
Borromeo Hall 110

Phone: 406-447-4469

Carroll students: To make an appointment with Shannon, visit Handshake.

Get Started

If you are a Carroll student and would like to make an appointment with International Student Support Services, visit Handshake.