New Student Orientation
August 20-22, 2023
We’re very excited to welcome you to campus this fall! The New Student Orientation is designed to provide you with essential information related to academic requirements and campus resources at Carroll. In addition, orientation activities provide you with the opportunity to make valuable connections with current faculty, staff, and students.
Freshman Orientation shapes new students’ experiences by encouraging new friendships, discovering Helena, and absorbing a key part of the Carroll experience—helping others.
- Move-in day will be Sunday, August 20. Students and parents will receive a schedule of events when you arrive. We will also post this schedule online on the Fall Orientation Web Page.
- Arrival day will include time to move in, student and parent sessions, and floor meetings.
- On August 21 and 22, students can choose among many fun events to attend all day long. Students will receive a menu of events to sign up for when they arrive.
Orientation is for families
Carroll College would like to invite all new students--and their families--to join us for New Student Orientation. Move-in day is August 20. The student orientation program will be held from August 20-22. The parent orientation program will be held from Sunday at 1:00 p.m., August 20, through Monday at 10:00 a.m., August 21. For more information on New Student Orientation, contact Patrick Harris, Director of Student Activities and Leadership, at 406.447.4380 or by email at email@example.com.
Helpful Tips for Move-in Day
- Dress comfortably. Students and parents will be dressed in casual clothes for Move-In Day. Wear comfortable shoes or sandals.
- Stay hydrated. Think about bringing a water bottle that you can refill between walks to campus buildings.
- Eat regular meals. Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Move-In Day to stay energized for unpacking, meeting new people, and attending programs.
- Introduce yourself. Introduce yourself to everyone you meet, sit next to in a program, or visit with while sitting outside between sessions.
- Run errands. Know that you will have time to shop locally in Helena for room supplies, toiletries and groceries. Use free time to run errands.
- Ask questions. Ask any and all questions that you may have. If you need more time with a presenter, approach the speaker after a session is concluded.
- Have fun. Whether you are a new student or the parent of a new student, enjoy the start of this adventure at Carroll College!
Opening Week Activities
There are a number of welcome events offered which allow students to meet new friends and become familiar with Carroll and the Helena Community. Here are just a few:
- Wed, Aug 23 — 7-10 a.m. Free Coffee and Muffins with the President
- Fri, Aug 25 — Welcome BBQ and Slip N Slide
- Sat, Aug 26 — Farmers Market Walk and or Hike Mount Helena
- Sun, Aug 27 — Freshman Rafting Trip
- TBD — 6:30-7:30 p.m. An Introduction to Carroll College Mission
- Wed, Aug 30 — Carroll College Club Fair – Join a Club!
- Sept 1-3 — Freshmen Backpack trip
- Sept 8-10 — Freshman Retreat
- TBD — Mass of the Holy Spirit