The Value of Preparation
Carroll graduates are exceptionally well-prepared to launch their professional careers. Why?
Internships and jobs while in college led to jobs at Carroll College
As the only baccalaureate-granting college in Helena there are many opportunities for our students. Opportunities range from large accounting firms across the street to the halls of the State Capital. In addition, opportunities at one of three major medical facilities, to the Fortune 500 companies that have locations here in Helena.
Jobs at graduation
- A recent study using Montana Department of Department of Labor and Industry data showed that five years after graduation, Carroll College graduates earn more than their peers did.
- 49% of students have the opportunity to work in Montana during college, and of those students, 85% find employment in Montana after graduation.
- Local employers are hungry for Carroll College students. Recently, a major employer just across the street told us of their plans for growing their workforce using Carroll College business major graduates. In addition, we have weekly meetings with area healthcare providers eager for our graduates. Secondary education, computer science, computer information systems, and accounting are Carroll College programs that are in particular high demand.
Graduate and Professional School
Our programs are designed to give you the very best chance to be placed in a graduate program after you’ve completed your Carroll degree.
- For the past 15 years, we have averaged an 85% acceptance rate to medical school, more than twice the national average. And remember, this is one of our largest student populations on campus.
- In recent years we have achieved a 100% passage rate on the NCLEX nursing exam, 100% placement in Veterinary School, and 100% placement in Chemistry graduate programs.
- Our data science, math, and physics students have gone on to some of the most prestigious programs in the country including Notre Dame and MIT.
- Recently, a law school approached us to build a pipeline program to their Law School because of their high regard for our pre-law students.
When we award a financial aid package it is not just to get you here, it is a four-year commitment to see you graduate and succeed. Every year you will have the opportunity to meet with financial aid, renew your goals, explore opportunities for on-campus work, and make sure you are on track with any borrowing.
Carroll College has one of the lowest student loan default rates in the country. There are two reasons for the low student loan default rate. One reason is that our students get great jobs and have success after graduation. The other reason is that our graduates receive good advice on loan debt and repayment, and they are prepared for what happens next.
Deciding on a college requires wisdom, and we are here to help make sure you have all the facts you need in order to decide on the right course of action for you. We realize the financial aid process can be intimidating and confusing, but we are here to help. Our supportive professional financial aid counselors will help you navigate the process from start to finish.
Remember to be organized, keep all documentation you receive regarding financial aid together, and please contact us with any questions you may have along the way at (406) 447-5425 or (800) 992-3648, Ext. 5425, as well as email@example.com.