Why Communication at Carroll?
A graduate of the Department of Communication will graduate from Carroll College with the following skills:
- The ability to use communication constructively and unselfishly, to serve others and promote peace on all levels - interpersonally, socially and globally.
- Understanding of the moral foundations of communication, which include the need to treat every person with reverence.
- Intercultural understanding and the ability to treat people of all backgrounds with tolerance and respect.
- Skills in conflict management and relationship-building.
- Preparation for graduate study.
- Preparation for a career in public relations, journalism, a secondary education teacher of communication, speech or forensics.