Join us for a very special red carpet event - dinner and a movie screening - on Saturday, March 23 from 6-9 p.m. in the Campus Center. All students are invited to join us for this fun evening!
We will be screening “The Mask You Live In” (directed by Jennifer Siebel Newsom). Explore how our culture's narrow definition of masculinity is harming boys, men, and society at large and what we can do about it.
Formal attire is encouraged but not necessary. We will have a photo booth on the red carpet to capture how well we clean up!
The event is in support of MindTap providing community education on the impact marketing and media play on creating power and influence by defining gender role stereotypes.
- 6:00 – 6:10 p.m. Reception area and seating – Upper CUBE (reception in the corner near the fireplace outside of the STAC and student bookstore and designated seating area in the STAC for dining)
- 6:10 – 6:50 p.m. Students will proceed to STAC using their meal cards. Those without a meal plan will pay cash at the register. Menu will be STAC-scheduled meals for March 23. Students will make food choices and return to seating in designated area.
- 6:50 – 7:15 p.m. Students will take “red carpet” downstairs to the Lower CUBE area outside of FLEX Theatre. Dessert (brownies) and drinks (punch) will be provided free of charge and available at this time.
- 7:15 – 9:00 p.m. Viewing of “The Mask You LIve In” (directed by Jennifer Siebel Newsom) ~ 1 h 37 m runtime
- 9:00 – 9:30 p.m. Post-viewing discussion with members of the Wellness Center and Gender Studies.
Sponsored by the Wellness Center in coordination with The Friendship Center, Student Activities, MPWRMNT Center, and the Theatre Department.