Study Abroad


We Encourage Chemistry Majors to Study Abroad

One of the many advantages of studying Chemistry at Carroll College is that the course schedule makes it extremely easy for you to study abroad in your junior year.  Chemistry students on exchange may only need to take one chemistry class while abroad to stay on track to graduate.  The faculty members of the Chemistry Department have worked together to find destinations for Carroll College students to complete a semester of their degree program abroad. 

We recommend these exchange programs for Chemistry majors:

Abo Akademi University in Finland, Abo Campus
ISEP Exchange: courses offered in English

Chinese University of Hong Kong
ISEP Exchange: courses offered in English

University of Central Lancashire in England
ISEP Exchange: English-speaking country

Plymouth University in England
ISEP Exchange: English-speaking country

Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María in Chile
Carroll College Exchange Program: courses taught in Spanish

All of these programs are exchange partners with Carroll College, which means that Carroll students pay their regular tuition to Carroll College and all scholarships and financial aid apply. Room and food situations vary from institution to institution, but in general, you can expect to pay approximately the same for room and board during your time abroad as it costs at Carroll College.  Other expenses such as passport and visa applications, airfare, independent travel on holidays, and personal entertainment can be off-set through personal fundraising and application to grant and scholarship programs.


For more information and application instructions, contact Shannon Ackeret, Assistant Director of Global Education, at or (406) 447-4469. To look more closely at these study abroad options, you can visit