2024 Student Research Festival
The Student Undergraduate Research Festival (SURF) is now Carroll’s Student Research Festival (SRF)! SRF is our annual research event taking place in April. This is a wonderful chance for Carroll College students to show off their amazing research, and we welcome presentation applications from all disciplines!
SRF will take place on April 26, 2024, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and we are excited to showcase all of the amazing research your students have been doing! Students will present in either oral or poster sessions. Oral presentations are 10-12 minutes long and sessions will be shared between presenters.
1. Application and Abstract. Submit their application to present at SRF no later than Friday, March 1, 2024 using the online form. Please note that the application requires you to submit an abstract. Working closely with your advisor on the abstract before the application deadline can help ensure that the abstract will be ready to be included in the SRF program with minimal revision. If your submit an abstract that has issues (including spelling and grammar), members of the SRF Committee must work with you to correct them before the abstract can be approved.
2. Submitting a Poster or Slides. Please submit the poster or slides you will be presenting at SRF no later than Wednesday, April 17, 2024 using the online submission form. Posters take time and resources to review and print, and you can help to make this process easier for both your advisor and the Committee by doing the following:
- Posters must be formatted 48 inches x 36 inches in PDF.
- Around 50% of SRF submissions have errors or issues that the student has to correct, leading to a delay in printing. You can avoid this by having your students make sure that their submissions have none of the issues mentioned here: Five Most Common Problems with SRF Submissions
- SRF submissions must adhere to the Submission Guidelines. Please have your students read the guidelines before they begin the process of creating their SRF poster or slides.
- Submission Checklist here.
3. Printing at the Bookstore from Copy/Print Services
- All posters and oral presentation slides should be submitted by Wednesday April 17, 2024, at 11:59 p.m., through the upload form at SRF 2024 Submission Form
- Submit all files in a PDF format
- Submission Deadline is April 22, 2024, by 8:00 a.m.
The Student Research Festival (SURF) is a celebration of the research done by Carroll College students. The event occurs every April, and everyone is invited to attend. SRF is seen as the highlight of the year for all of the students doing research, and it is a wonderful opportunity for other Carroll students, Carroll faculty and staff members, and community members to see the amazing work done by our students. Our students are very excited to share their research during this time of student-driven, inquiry-oriented learning.
Questions? Contact Tara Thompson.