We're excited for our renovation to be happening soon! I wanted to share some quick updates on what to expect for the rest of the spring semester and summer as well as what we're planning for the fall semester. Here is a summary.
- Spring 2023 - nothing changes, other than having the west entrance closed. All services, hours (including expanded finals hours), and space availability remain the same.
- May 12-21 - The Library and Learning Commons will be closed. We need this time to empty the top floor and get our remote Library location set up.
- Faculty teaching summer classes, if you need anything for your summer classes, please let us know by May 12 if at all possible. Between May 12-21, we'll do the best we can to help you, but we will have limited time and resources.
- Summer 2023 (beginning May 22) - The Library & Learning Commons building will be closed. The Communication Lab will be offline for the summer. All study spaces in the building will be unavailable.
- The Remote Library space in SIMP 147 opens. Librarians, course reserves, Interlibrary Loan, select Reference items, and limited study spaces (in SIMP 146) will be available.
- All print books, DVDs, and reference books will be available by request. If you need something from the stacks, a DVD, or reference books, email us at email@example.com and we will retrieve it for you. The more time you give us to retrieve items, the better. We'll do the best we can to get you what you need in a timely manner, but we will likely only do 1 trip to the Library a day (depending on staffing).
- Fall 2023 - We plan to be back in the lower level of the Library & Learning Commons building for the fall semester with all services available and all spaces on the lower level available. The upper floor will remain unavailable until the renovation is complete. We will share more details as we get closer to the fall.
We are working hard to anticipate and address problems before they arise. As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. In the meantime, thank you very much for your patience and understanding!